Serendipity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expect Surprises

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Limited perspectives

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

Limited perspectives Empty
PostSubject: Limited perspectives   Limited perspectives Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:54 am

Limited perspectives

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

We never have enough information to enable us to fully understand the truth of the reality around us. And there is never only one correct perspective about anything.

Knowing this helps me let go of my tendency to label things as good or bad. I suffer least when I can accept reality just as it is. And I benefit most when I open my heart and mind in appreciation.

“If you are pained by external things, it is not they that disturb you, but your own judgment of them. And it is in your power to wipe out that judgment now.”

-- Marcus Aurelius
Back to top Go down
RavenGirl
Hawk in the Sky
Hawk in the Sky
RavenGirl

Limited perspectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited perspectives   Limited perspectives Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:03 am

How true - don't think: BE! This has made a big difference in my life. Who cares what anyone else thinks (judgments)? It is YOUR life - so live it the way that brings you the most fulfillment and joy. For years I stopped writing because every partner I had put me down for it. I was depressed and disconnected from a big part of myself. Now I write everyday and I am happy. If I want to put posters on my walls of rockstars or wear my hair in two pigtails, I will! It is not other people's job to define who I am - it is all about me being me. My kids think I am the coolest mum because I do follow my inner bliss. I listen to music my kids do and watch cartoons with them and I share my metaphysical books with them and dance...I didn't come here to have a big mortgage or earn mountains of money. Life would not be blissful if I had to follow deadlines or do some boring job that left me braindead. All my needs are taken care of and the only value the things I love has is the value created by connection and feeling. That's me. I divorced the rat race months ago. Who wants to endlessly run in a maze with no end anyway? I have always preferred the freedom of an open field and vast blue sky..

blpkfly
Back to top Go down
https://serendipity.catsboard.com

Limited perspectives
Page 1 of 1