Serendipity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expect Surprises

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Be aware of duty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

Be aware of duty Empty
PostSubject: Be aware of duty   Be aware of duty Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 7:14 am

Be aware of duty

"To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy and a whole heart."

-- Pearl S. Buck

Many of us have been taught to do our duty. What does this imply to you? For me, ‘doing my duty’ means doing something I really don’t want to do. My heart’s not in it, and so the energy for the act isn’t there. I have to force every move. Usually, there’s underlying resentment. When this is the scenario, tasks may get done but there’s no gift to the world.

We do not truly serve the world if we give to others but neglect our own truth and our own needs. We need to give to ourselves as we give to others. IT’S NOT SELFISH TO LOOK AFTER OURSELVES -- IT’S ESSENTIAL!

"Forget the resolutions. Forget control and discipline...too much work. Instead try experimenting. Go in search of something to fall in love with...something about yourself, your career, your spouse."

-- Dale Dauten

"Nothing truly valuable arises from ambition or from a mere sense of duty; it stems rather from love and devotion towards men and towards objective things."

-- Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down

Be aware of duty
Page 1 of 1