Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady

PostSubject: Leo Laughter Rx   Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:04 am

Leo Laughter Rx
Tuesday August 11, 2009

Laughter is the best medicine, and that goes double for Leo's, since it's proven to keep the heart healthy. One of Leo's health vulnerabilities is the heart. And laughing actually dilates the blood vessels, which keeps the arteries of the heart clear and flowing. A recent heart study proved that watching a comedy is much better for your well-being than watching a serious documentary! I'm guilty of overdoing the serious...Netflix has noted my interest in "Critically-acclaimed Dark Political Movies."

But it's not just me. There's a collective pull toward staying hooked in to the matrix, and "being informed," with plenty of technologies that feed this addiction. Some families are not laughing at the dinner table, because each member is busy texting or staring at a computer monitor. China even has rehabs now for Internet addiction! Neptune rules addictions, and is combined with Jupiter's influence, which causes us to overdo it. Both are opposite Leo in the sign of Aquarius, pulling us toward the abstract, the otherworldly.

This makes Leo vulnerable to being diffused, and having that legendary vitality drained now. It takes extra effort for the Lion to resist the Neptunian undertow, and get out for some hearty, vigorous, blood-rushing-to-the-face kind of fun. I've got Venus and Jupiter in Leo, and I've felt this as a lure toward checking out and zoning out. It's surrendering to the strange pull of the 'net, or losing your motivation after that one extra beer.

Leo's and those with Leo planets might feel like they're swimming against the tide. The antidote to going into a zone of detachment, or being in "information gathering mode" is to make time for play. Take a risk. Spend time with a child or animals. Get together with someone that makes you laugh. It's proven that laughter is an aphrodisiac and what is most attractive to the opposite sex! It sends a message that the person has a healthy mind. It's a move away from too many virtual relationships, and into the real thing.

With the Sun in Leo, we can all feel that solar heat that warms us from the inside out. It's the spark that gets us moving, and looking for friends (and lovers) for adventure. And it's said that the quickest bridge from one heart to another is through laughter. The next new Moon is in Leo (August 20/21) is an auspicious time to make space for more joy and good times.

Getty Images

View user profile

Leo Laughter Rx
Page 1 of 1