Serendipity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expect Surprises

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder? Empty
PostSubject: Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder?   Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:24 pm

Social Anxiety Disorder

In many people's minds, the concept of Social Anxiety Disorder (aka Social Phobia) centers around shyness. But it's much more than that. Social Anxiety really involves intense fear of certain social situations; especially ones in which you’ll be watched or evaluated by others, leading to worry that you'll be embarrassed or humiliated in public. These social situations may be so frightening that you get anxious just thinking about them or go to great lengths to avoid them.

What is Social Anxiety (Social Phobia)?

The Difference Between Shyness and Social Anxiety
Shying Away: Dealing With Patterns That Feed It

Take a Social Anxiety Test

HealthyPlace.com member, Sarah, who has suffered with SAD for 8 years says it's paralyzing. She feels isolated and lonely, which in turn makes her depressed. You can hear her Social Anxiety Disorder story here (#9 in the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" widget in the center of the page).

But there is hope, as many different treatments for Social Anxiety Disorder exist. Dr. Luann Linquist has been in practice for over 20 years and works with Anxiety and Phobia patients. She uses various "brief therapy" techniques for treating Social Anxiety Disorder, including one called the "Delete Technique."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Share your social anxiety experiences, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).

You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.

If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com

http://www.healthyplace.com
Back to top Go down
RavenGirl
Hawk in the Sky
Hawk in the Sky
RavenGirl

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder?   Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:56 am

What a great site! There's lots of different psychological tests there and they only take a minute. here's the link direct to the test index page: tests

I took the social anxiety one thinking I would be at the high end of the score which is 14, but I scored 6. Guess I must be improving (or maybe i misinterpreted what the questions meant). I have always thought of myself as anti-social. I prefer my own company to big crowds. I've never really been a socializer.
Back to top Go down
https://serendipity.catsboard.com
RavenGirl
Hawk in the Sky
Hawk in the Sky
RavenGirl

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder?   Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:04 am

Some of the other tests on there are for personality disorders, mood disorders, depression, signs of abuse, etc. I did the schizophrenia test and got 23 which appears to indicate that I have it. Of course these tests are based on science which does not accept the reality of spirits or channeling which could explain hearing voices in your head or seeing things that others can't. I would advise the user to keep a fairly open mind when reviewing their results. I am not schizophrenic despite what this test says. Or if I am, then I am blissfully unaware. cheeky
Back to top Go down
https://serendipity.catsboard.com
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder?   Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:39 pm

RavenGirl wrote:
Of course these tests are based on science which does not accept the reality of spirits or channeling which could explain hearing voices in your head or seeing things that others can't. I would advise the user to keep a fairly open mind when reviewing their results. I am not schizophrenic despite what this test says. Or if I am, then I am blissfully unaware. cheeky

I totally agree and understand where your coming from, BE-cause this used to BE ONE of the fears I had, that they would wrong-FULLy medicate me, for something I didn't have. eeyoo Shocked

Thanks RavenGirl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder?   Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Serendipity :: The Garden Of Earthly Delights :: Between The Cracks-
Jump to: