Serendipity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expect Surprises

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Empty
PostSubject: Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season   Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:00 pm

By Molly Hall, About.com

Virgo is associated with the Hermit, a major arcana card in the Tarot. When it shows up, it marks the point when the issue is being handled by the private Self. It represents a retreat from distractions and sociability. When the Sun is in Virgo, you can come back to yourself for a breather, after all the hoopla of summer.

Taking time to be alone gives you the chance to hear your own thoughts. You free yourself from distractions. You are able to then analyze the state of your health, relationships, work life from a clearer point of view. Virgo is all about looking at the pieces of the whole. And when you're by yourself, you can ruminate on the pieces until practical solutions come into focus.

Try carving out some private time in the day. If you're an early riser, use those quiet moments to set your intentions. Walking is another way to be alone, and get exercise at the same time. The Virgo season encourages us to be efficient like that with our time, so the day flows better and we're more satisfied with what we've accomplished.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season   Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:01 pm

Take Stock

Virgo is associated with the busy preparations before winter, known in close-to-the-land cultures as Harvest time. There's an earnest get back to work vibe that inspires us to sharpen and line up our No. 2 pencils, check on propane supplies, chop wood for the fire and that sort of thing. It's a good month to clear outdated food from the pantry shelves and restock. And those blueberries growing white fuzz, those can be tossed out! Virgo is the energy of separating wheat from the chaff, and that's what you're doing in your household.

It's a month of taking inventory, but not necessarily major action. That makes it the ideal time to write "To Do Lists." And there's an extra motivation toward self-improvement, making it a good time to confront bad habits. You're able to see why doing A leads to B, leading to the sensible solution to stop doing A!
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season   Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Listen to Your Inner Healer

What is your body telling you? Virgo is the sign of the healing, since it's tuned in to the nuances of the body and it's processes. Virgo's analytic energy helps you to see where there's disharmony, and come up with your own wellness prescriptions.

Christine Page is a physician who has re-integrated the wisdom of astrology in her practice. She writes about the symbolism of Virgo as part of the descent cycle of the Zodiac. She writes that "Virgin and Crone hold open the portal to the underworld, emphasizing the importance of accepting all pieces of the self into our hearts." The dis-ease and dis-harmony we feel is an invitation to seek the cure, by tuning into the inner healer.

Page writes, "Many modern diseases, including depression, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, endocrine imbalances, and other immune-based illnesses reflect a separation from our soul's path as well as a reluctance to let go and trust the inner wisdom of the Virgin."

Coming home to rest in the center of the self allows you to tune in to the root causes of your ailments. You can see the body as an interdependent system, and come up with practical strategies to resolve what's ailing you.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season   Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:04 pm

Seek Nutritious Food

Virgo is a commonsensical sign that gives us a clearer understanding of cause and effect. And that's why many Virgo natives are into healthy lifestyles...it just makes sense. This is a great month to honor your body with nutritious food, and see if it makes a difference. And the way to do that is to buy locally and buy organic.

And besides making us feel better and more whole, there's a spiritual reason for seeking out high quality food. The Mayan elder Carlos Barrios says its crucial to avoid the toxins in our food body, in order to ride out the changes of 2012. Some toxins and genetically modified food may have a damaging effect on our own genes, and the DNA is how we send/receive the information that will carry us forward.

A friend of mine on a budget just switched to organics, and says she notices a difference. To offset the cost, look for the organic version that the grocery store offers. I'm always looking for discounts and buy up what's on sale, to help keep costs down. I consider this my health insurance, and the most important investment I can make right now.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season   Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:06 pm

Purify, Detox, Cleanse

It's a great month for herbal detox, fasting, colonics or sweating it out in the sauna. Virgo's health vulnerability is the digestive system, which is why Virgos often seem to have delicate sensibilities with regard to what they eat. Virgos are nervous physically, but ruled by Mercury, the mental planet of communication. Sometimes Virgos take in too many pieces of information, and this leads to blockages in the digestive track.

But we can all benefit from the occasional cleanse, so we don't carry the toxins that build up in our system. Recently, I was on that cruise and could smell the chlorine in the tap water that was offered. When I got home, I did a Fall herbal cleanse to make sure the chemicals didn't linger in my body. Your local health food store can point you in the right direction. The first cleanse you do is often the most shocking -- and liberating -- as it can be a release of huge amounts of "garbage" just stuck in the intestinal system. There is definitely a mind-body connection, as you start to feel clearer mentally, after that kind of cleanse. And the Virgo season is an ideal time for it.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season   Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:06 pm

Move and Sweat

It's a good time to re-integrate exercise into your routine. In the Northern Hemisphere, the weather is starting to cool off, making it easier to perk up and get moving. If you're like me, it's those first few laps that are the hardest. After that, the fresh energy you're taking in gives you a boost, and you get in the groove. The sweating is moving toxins out of the body, too, and that's a bonus.

I know a Virgo that says she's got to feel the pain every day in her work out, to be satisfied that she's done enough. Virgo energy pushes us to move through the discomfort, knowing that it'll lead to a breakthrough. There's nervous physical energy in our systems and a need to make steps toward a goal. All this makes this a great time to get moving!
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season   Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:08 pm

Be in Wild, Virginal Territory

There's something priceless about the rare places that have never been developed. They are full of the small buzzing things and native plants. It's a harmonious system created naturally. The virgin forest works wonders on the spirit. There's a place like that near my home, and I always feel energized after visiting. It's a sense of fullness in the heart having witnessed nature in its natural state.

This is a great month to "go natural" whether its restoring native plants in your yard, or sitting among the trees in the park. You can harmonize with the natural process, instead of trying to strong arm it into unnatural control. It's a great month to stop chemicals that are killing the little creatures, and polluting our ground water. With Virgo, we get the sense that what's done to nature, is done to ourselves. And we deserve to live naturally.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season   Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Organize, Categorize, Clear Out Clutter!

Those with Virgo in their make-up have an instinct for bringing order to chaos. And that eye for organizing makes it easier to tidy up when the Sun is in Virgo. We can put everything in its rightful place. The Virgo energies help us prioritize when we're arranging things. That means putting things we use on a daily basis in a place where we can reach them. It's a great time, then, to store or give away things we don't use.

Virgo is an energy expert in discerning what's useful. We can take this time to get rid of clothes that just take up room in the closet. If they're too small, we can be "realistic" and put those skinny clothes in storage, or give them to a skinny friend. We make space for the new to come in, like clothes that fit who we are today.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season   Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:12 pm

Get involved! Volunteer?

Sometimes Virgo gets bad PR, as the workhorse of an organization, a kind of "servant" that's always doing selfless acts. But the Virgo instinct to serve others comes from the awareness that we're all inter-dependent. It's a sign with a built-in desire to ease the pain of others, as a healer, or change the spark plugs in your car, without expecting anything in return. The act of helping is life-enhancing and Virgo knows it!

It's a great month to get involved by volunteering, or looking for ways to help neighbors and friends. Virgo has a community outlook, and is often happy to get lost in the process of a shared plan. Find a way to make service something you look forward to. If you love animals, you could help out at a local rescue by walking them (again, exercise and helping...two birds with one stone!).

Cosmically, we're in a time of needing to be aligned with a sense of purpose. Is there a way to volunteer in areas that match your passions, and bring personal dreams into focus? It's a great time to look around and get involved.
Back to top Go down
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady
Solane Star

PostSubject: Re: Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season   Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:14 pm

Be at Peace with the Process

The Virgo drive to refine and improve is a noble trait. But it's a process not a goal, and we have to accept where we are. There's never a finish line where we're perfected, and our lives are in perfect order. Virgo is big on moderation, but there are times to let loose too, and break out of the routine. Perfectionism is a trap that makes us control freaks, and that's its own kind of disharmony.

So when you're taking stock, try not to be too critical or self-condemning. Allow the mutating vibe of Virgo give you hope that you can make the necessary changes, and that it doesn't have to happen overnight. We're all a work in progress, after all....

salut sweetheart cheers
Back to top Go down
RavenGirl
Hawk in the Sky
Hawk in the Sky
RavenGirl

PostSubject: Re: Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season   Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:59 am

Ooh all of this speaks to me so deeply! I have two virgo children who had their birthdays this week and one of them is very big on organisation and clearing clutter! The starsign Virgo happens to coincide with Spring here in the southern hemisphere so decluttering and spring cleaning go hand in hand. I am big on decluttering my life and my mind at the moment. This information has given me such a boost! Thanks Solane feelgood
Back to top Go down
https://serendipity.catsboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season   Ten Tips to Thrive in the Virgo Season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1